Saturday, January 31, 2009

I love to go to Grandpa's house


A couple weeks ago (right after we got back from our 3 wk Utah trip)we were driving in the car and out of the blue Ben started singing.  This is quite a familiar scene, however the more I listened the more I realized he was making up his own song AND he was rhyming it.  I was a little taken back and had to start laughing. The more we listened we realized he was not only rhyming but he was also making sense!  I had to call up my dad and have him sing it to him.  He hasn't  sung it in a while so he had forgotten it a little when we recorded it today, and of course he felt it would be more entertaining if he acted silly. :)

Here are the original words in case you couldn't understand (with Landon in the back ground expressing his obsession with cars crashing... it is a little hard to hear..)

I love to go to grandpa's house cause grandpa always reads to me
before he reads he knows he needs his glasses on so he can see
where ever may my glasses be grandpa always reads to me
we look in drawers, behind closed doors, we look in closets shelves and floors cause grandpa always reads to me

The part that totally cracks me up is that it is true grandpa Jake has to go get his reading glasses to read Ben stories :)  Thanks dad for the inspiration behind Ben's first composition.  Our boys just adore you!

Ok in my defense I tried for more than an hour to get the video (that is suppose to go with this entry) to upload.... still working on it sorry so for now a picture of Ben with Grandpa. If any one that has a mac knows how to upload a picture to blogger I would love to know the trick...:)

1 comments:

Erika said...

Wow! Ben is so talented! Ask Baby Dragon to match her outfit and she can do it, but make up a rhyming song? No way. :)